Proud Member of the PubGuys Network

Questions? I love questions.
This form does not yet contain any fields.

    Entries in teagowns (2)


    More Giesen Goodness

    Hi there!  I know, long-time no update. :-)  I realize that taking pictures with my phone, I need to figure out how to get them to Flickr from there.  I know there is a way, I just have to take the time to do it....and there's the rub. -grin-  Well at least when you get one, there are goodies to see.

    So!  This is Denise Giesen's new summer cotton dress.  She picked the very cute fashion plate, acquired some adorable printed cotton, matching mint eyelet, and I went to work.  I really liked the use of the accent color in the eyelet, but I couldn't reproduce that effect with our already completed fabric.  The other cotton dresses I made last year all incorporated ribbon from Over the Moon Ribbons, and she really liked the look.  We picked the accent based on the littlest bit of dark periwinkle in the fabric, and I used that wherever I could.  I love the belt!

    I was even able to construct the reticule from the wider ribbon.  This was a bit of an interesting feat, but it worked out great.  There is a coat hook and eye built into the straps and belt so it can be worn with or without the reticule attached.

    I listened to the entire first Uplift Trilogy by David Brin while making this dress.  He is a good companion for dress making, and an excellent author. 

    I am still in process on the other dresses.  I will be finishing up the bodice pieces for Laura K., and maybe my teagown I started in January, this week.  There might even be another update! -gasp-



    Please, Sir, May I have some more...?

    This is one of several new things I have added to Empty Dresses.  This is the picture I made for the teagown offerings I have. 

    I have larger versions of all the pictures, so if you can't see something you might be interested in, please let me know.

    There are  other delightful bits of dress candy as well, so go check it out!


    In other news, I recently finished a dress for a client in CA that I only ever saw once, but also needed the dress at the speed of light for this past weekend be SteamPunk Con on the Queen Mary.  That would have been fun!  I have always wanted to see the Queen Mary.  It would be an awesome place to do pictures. 

    I was able to get her her dress  on time, and it fit like a glove.  You're always worried on a remote order that things will somehow go awry.  I am glad to say though, that in this instance, everything worked out perfectly.  So let's get to the fun part and some pictures.

    Okay, so I was obviously going for Naturalform.  It is black velvet and several different bronze fabrics.  The glass buttons and the moire ribbon are both vintage.

    The double-breasted vest is purely decorative but does actually button over the functional closure.

    And, the cutest thing ever! I was able to make her reticule out of the left-over pleating from the skirt.  :-) Love that! 

    Now I am off to make more mundane pieces, shirts, vests, camisoles, and the like.  I am looking forward to not working at a Dickens pace this week!